Sunday, March 10, 2013

Creating your own Rainbow Pattern Paper with Stamps and Ink

As a newbie, everything is super fun!  I love learning new techniques.  My favorite person to learn from is Jennifer McGuire.  I'm sure there are lots of other amazing teachers, but I love Jen's style.  I just love watching her create.  And her voice is pleasant, her tutorials straight forward, her manner easy and her YouTubes are just the right length.  She has so many YouTube videos showing different techniques.  That's how I've been learning, though I'd love to sign up for one of her Online Card Classes when I get more time. 

After the loss of my pregnancy, I took a month off from work and just I ate up her videos.  It was like medicine and I couldn't get enough. And then one day I just started making cards.  I love it, it's so fun playing with different mediums, textures and then creating a result that's all yours. As a beginner, it's a much smaller and less intimidating space to work with.  And I still prefer that to scrapbooking. 

Today's cards was inspired by a card Jennifer McGuire created for a blog bop for Simon Says Stamp using their March Card Kit.  One of the ways to learn is to just copy from others!  In my professional life at work, they have a saying "See one, Do one, Teach one."  And that is the key to remembering what you've learned.  So I saw one, then I did one.  And by posting on the blog.... does that count as teaching one?   So here's my take on her card, not too different.  The main difference is I didn't own the card kit so I had to adapt the design according to the tools and stamps I own.

Enjoy!


I used Momento Dew Drop dye inks with the Hero Art Basic Grey Luscious Patterned Flowers stamp set.


I hand cut the heart out of craft paper and stamped a sentiment from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings in white ink.  And voila, my version!

Where do you get your inspiration?  



Supplies I used

Paper Trimmer

Papers
  • Core'dinations Premium 65 lb White Cardstock (from Joanne's Fabrics)

Stamps

Inks

Embellishments



No comments:

Post a Comment